History of the spring schools NAFSA
The series of spring schools started in 1978 through the effort of Professor Alois Kufner and late Professor Svatopluk Fucik who, together with Professor Oldrich John, had been running a seminar on function spaces at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the Charles University since early 1970's. The seminar was later translocated to the Mathematical Institute of the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences (and later still to the Mathematical Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic) and it has been working continuously up to present. The spring schools have been held every four years ever since. They have traditionally been highly attended by top scientists and lectures have been delivered by distinguished speakers from all around the world.
List of lectures delivered at previous spring schools:
NAFSA 1, Horni Bradlo 1978
- J. Camus: On a class of weighted Sobolev spaces
- Y.A. Dubinskii: Some problems of the theory of Sobolev spaces of infinite order and of nonlinear equations
- D.E. Edmunds: Embeddings of Sobolev spaces
- J.-P. Gossez: Orlicz-Sobolev spaces and nonlinear elliptic boundary value problems
- K. Groeger: Initial value problems for elastoplastic and elasto-viscoplastic systems
- I. Hlavacek: Some variational methods for nonlinear mechanics
- H. Triebel: Recent developments in the theory of function spaces and linear regular elliptic differential equations
- E. Zeidler: Lectures on Lyusternik-Schnirelman theory for indefinite nonlinear eigenvalue problems and its applications
Proceedings: Nonlinear Analysis, Function Spaces and Applications, S. Fucik and A. Kufner (Eds.), Teubner Texte zur Mathematik, B.G. Teubner, Leipzig, 1979, 224 pp, VLN 294-375/32/79.
NAFSA 2, Pisek 1982
- C. Baiocchi: Free boundary value problems and variational inequalities
- J. Ball: Calculus of variations and nonlinear elastostatics
- M. Giaquinta: On differentiability of the extremals of variational integrals
- K.P. Hadeler: Nonlinear differential equations from biology
- P.L. Lions: Fully nonlinear elliptic equations and applications
- V.G. Maz'ya: Theory of multipliers in spaces of differentiable functions and its applications
- I.V. Skrypnik: Topological methods of investigation of operator equations and nonlinear boundary value problems
- J.R.L. Webb: Approximation solvability of nonlinear equations
Proceedings: Nonlinear Analysis, Function Spaces and Applications Vol. 2, O. John and A. Kufner (Eds.), Teubner Texte zur Mathematik, Band 49, B.G. Teubner, Leipzig, 1982, 268 pp, ISSN 0138-502X.
NAFSA 3, Litomysl 1986
- D.R. Adams: The classification problem for Besov and Triebel-Lizorkin capacities
- O.V. Besov: Integral representation of functions and imbedding theorems for domains with the flexible horn property
- L.I. Hedberg: Nonlinear potential theory and Sobolev spaces
- H.P. Heinig: Weighted estimates for classical operators
- R. Johnson: A survey on tent spaces and their application to weighted inequalities
- L.D. Kudryavtsev: On stabilization of functions and free boundary variational problems on unbounded intervals
- H. Lange: Nonlinear Schrdinger equation
- A.G.R. McIntosh: Clifford algebras and the double-layer potential operator
- J. Musielak: Some applications of generalized Orlicz spaces in approximation theory and Fourier series
- J. Peetre: Generalizations of Hankel operators
- B. Ruf: Multiplicity results for nonlinear elliptic equations
Proceedings: Nonlinear Analysis, Function Spaces and Applications Vol. 3, M. Krbec, A. Kufner and J. Rakosnik (Eds.), Teubner Texte zur Mathematik, Band 93, B.G. Teubner, Leipzig, 1986, 145 pp, ISBN 3-322-00417-1.
NAFSA 4, Roudnice nad Labem 1990
- J. Garcia-Cuerva: Factorization of operators and weighted norm inequalities
- H.P. Heinig: Weighted inequalities in Fourier analysis
- V. Kokilashvili: Weighted estimates for classical integral operators
- V. Mustonen: Mappings of monotone type: Theory and applications
- L.E. Persson: Generalizations of some classical inequalities and their applications
- G.F. Roach: Aspects of nonlinear scattering theory
- C.G. Simader: The weak Dirichlet and Neumann problem for the Laplacian in Lq for bounded and exterior domains. Applications
- S.K. Vodop'yanov: Boundary behaviour of differentiable functions and related topics
Proceedings: Nonlinear Analysis, Function Spaces and Applications Vol. 4, M. Krbec, A. Kufner, B. Opic and J. Rakosnik (Eds.), Teubner Texte zur Mathematik, Band 119, B.G. Teubner, Leipzig, 1990, 256 pp, ISBN 3-322-00825-8.
NAFSA 5, Praha 1994
- F. Chiarenza: Lp-regularity for systems of PDE's, with coefficients in VMO
- D.E. Edmunds: Recent developments concerning entropy and approximation numbers
- B. Kawohl: On the shape of solutions to some variational problems
- F.J. Martin-Reyes: Weights, one-sided operators, singular integrals and ergodic theorems
- E.T. Sawyer: On the oblique derivative problem
- V.D. Stepanov: Weighted norm inequalities for integral operators and related topics
- G. Talenti: Inequalities in rearrangement invariant function spaces
- R.L. Wheeden: Poincare-Sobolev and isoperimetric inequalities, maximal functions, and half-space estimates for the gradient
Proceedings: Nonlinear Analysis, Function Spaces and Applications Vol. 5, M. Krbec, A. Kufner, B. Opic and J. Rakosnik (Eds.), Prometheus Publishing House, Mathematical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, 1994, 276 pp, ISBN 80-85849-69-0.
NAFSA 6, Praha 1998
- V.I. Burenkov: Extension theory for Sobolev spaces on open sets with Lipschitz boundaries
- A. Cianchi: Some results in the theory of Orlicz spaces and applications to variational problems.
- F. Cobos: Interpolation theory and measures related to operator ideals
- V.G. Maz'ya: On Wiener's type regularity of a boundary point for higher order elliptic equations
- L. Pick: Optimal Sobolev embeddings
- H. Triebel: Quarks, fractals, non-linearities, and related elliptic operators
- I.E. Verbitsky: Superlinear equations, potential theory and weighted norm inequalities
- W.P. Ziemer: Functions of least gradient and BV functions
Proceedings: Nonlinear Analysis, Function Spaces and Applications Vol. 6, M. Krbec and A. Kufner (Eds.), Mathematical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, 1999, 323 pp, ISBN 80-85823-38-1.
- J. Appell: A la recherche du spectre perdu: an introduction to nonlinear spectral theory
- J. Cerda: The commutators of analysis and interpolation
- B. Franchi: BV spaces and rectifiability for Carnot-Caratheodory metrics
- P. Koskela: Metric Sobolev spaces
- J. Maly: Coarea formula
- C.J. Neugebauer: A covering theorem with applications, Convergence of sequences of operators
Proceedings: Nonlinear Analysis, Function Spaces and Applications Vol. 7, B. Opic and J. Ráskosník (Eds.), Mathematical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, 2003, 224 pp, ISBN 80-85823-51-9.
- A. Carbery: Geometrical Inequalities of Brascamp-Lieb and Maximal Functions (tentative title)
- V. Kolyada: On Embedding Theorems
- M. Ruzicka: Electrorheological Fluids and Function Spaces
- Y. Sagher: Talk #1: A New Look at Norm Inequalities for the Fourier Transform, Talk #2: Byways of the Hilbert Transform
- G. Sinnamon: Monotonicity in Banach Function Spaces
- H. J. Schmeisser: Recent Developments in the Theory of Function Spaces with Dominating Mixed Smoothness
Proceedings: Nonlinear Analysis, Function Spaces and Applications Vol. 8, J. Rákosník (Ed.), Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, 2007, 248 pp, ISBN 80-85823-50-9.
- P. Drabek: Recent results on quasilinear differential equations
- Loukas Grafakos: Multilinear harmonic analysis
- Rosario Giuseppe Mingione: Non-linear aspects of Calderon-Zygmund theory
- Jani Onninen: An invitation to n-harmonic hyperelasticity
- Winfried Sickel: Spaces of functions with symmetry constraints
- Xavier Tolsa: Calderon-Zygmund theory with non doubling measures
Proceedings: Nonlinear Analysis, Function Spaces and Applications, Vol. 9. Proceedings of the 9th International School held in Trest, September 11-17, 2010, J. Rákosník (Ed.), Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, 2011, ISBN 978-80-85823-59-2.
- Giovanni Alberti: Rectifiable measures and applications
- Kari Astala: Holomorphic deformations and vectorial calculus of variations
- Miroslav Bulicek: On existence theory for general nonlinear elliptic and parabolic equations with bad data
- Andrea Cianchi: Reduction principles for Sobolev type embeddings
- Carlos Perez: A1 theory of weights for Singular Integral Operators
- Andreas Seeger: Radial Fourier multipliers and some variants
A digital version of the Proceedings si available at this page.